THE ROTARY DAO
Service above self. One profits most who serves best. Rotarian Arthur Frederick Sheldon established this paradigm during the first Rotary convention of 1910. He declared that “Only the science of right conduct toward others pays. Business is the science of human services. He profits most who serves his fellows best.” After 111 years, this still holds true to 1.2 million Rotarians worldwide.
Fast-forward a little over a century, most businesses, services, and social interactions are now done online. On top of that, the Rotary is suffering from a declining and aging membership, so it must adapt and reinvent itself to attract new generations of business, professional, and civic leaders.
Today’s generation is attracted to technology. From the time they wake up to the time they close their eyes — they are mostly glued to their phones. They interact, do business, socialize, and practically do everything with their smartphones, tablets, computers, and other technological devices — through the Internet and the Metaverse. So, why can’t we provide a way so that they can do civic and philanthropic activities with the aid of technology? And what if, they can passively earn extra money (extrinsic reward) – so they can help and serve actively (intrinsic reward)?
The ROTARY DAO’s Mission
“To adhere, embody, and carry the mission of the Rotary Club International in the new age.”
The ROTARY DAO’s Vision
1. To build a fully-online Rotary Club that meets in the Metaverse (typically using a VR headset) at the ROTARY DAO VR Auditorium.
2. To build its on cryptocurrency called the Rotary Coin — where both Rotarians and Non-Rotarians can invest on.
3. To fund Rotarian DAO projects through crowdfunding.
The ROTARY DAO adheres to the 4-Way test:
1. Is it the truth?
2. Is it fair to all concerned?
3. Will it build goodwill and better friendships?
4. Will it be beneficial to all concerned?