On Thursday, May 23rd, Royal Palm Beach Rotary Club was proud to present five students from Royal Palm Beach Community High School each with a $1000 scholarship.
The winners were chosen by a panel of Rotary Club members based on an initial application review that included sections on Honors, Awards, Community Service and other activities. Students were also asked to complete a series of essay questions informing the panel of their future college and career goals. Following the initial review, the panel selected 10 finalists and, after 15 minute interviews for each finalist, a final selection of 5 winners was made.
Here is a list of the 5 scholarship winners and a short summary of each:
* Jacquelynne Dauk: is a Pathfinder nominee, AP Scholar and Promise Award winner. She also made the Honor roll for all 4 years of HS. Very active in community service. Jacquelynne will be attending University of Central Florida beginning this summer where she plans to study Psychology with the goal of becoming a clinical psychologist.
* Loren Estebanez: Achieved Honor Roll all four years of HS. An active member of RPBHS Dance Team, Loren tells us that she chose to focus on various service projects throughout high school because she loves helping people. She will be attending Florida Atlantic University where she will begin her journey to become a high school English teacher.
* Justin Napolitano was recognized by the Florida Department of Juvenile Justice for Outstanding Achievement in community service. He was active in many school activities including Interact Club, Ethics Bowl and The National History Club. Justin has been accepted to Florida Atlantic University where he will be seeking a degree in Civil Engineering.
* Lisa Stebbins was an Honor student at RPBHS and received the President’s Honor Certificate in her senior year. Active in Key Club, Soccer and Dance, she was able to maintain her high class ranking while pursuing a rigorous schedule of community service including over 140 hours of volunteering at Palm Beach County Animal Care & Control. Lisa will be a pre-med student at University of Central Florida and plans to become a Psychologist.
* Justin Vernon consistently achieved high marks while at Royal Palm and an Honor Roll student in all 4 years. His activities included Key Club, Student Government, Medical Sciences Academy and was chosen as a nominee for National Youth Leadership Forum on Medicine. Justin was a constant presence in the Guidance Department at RPBHS where he completed 240 hours of service as a volunteer. He will be seeking a degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences while studying at the University of Florida.