On March 18, 2010, Deborah Totten, of Vitas – Innovative Hospice Care came to the Royal Palm Beach Rotary breakfast meeting, and enlightened the members and attended guests of the five major issues to consider while in Hospice care. Ms. Totten provided the club members and guests with a simple form to complete, that will memorialize these issues in writing called “Five Wishes”
The Five Wishes are:
1. The person I want to make care decisions for me when I can’t.
2. The kind of medical treatment I want or don’t want.
3. How comfortable I want to be.
4. How I want people to treat me.
5. What I want my loved ones to know.